Sdorn Provides Timely and Accurate Technology News, Covering APP, AI, IoT, Cybersecurity, Startup and Innovation.
⎯ 《 Sdorn • Com 》
Thieves Target ‘Liquid Gold’ as Olive Oil Prices Soar
Thieves Target ‘Liquid Gold’ as Olive Oil Prices Soar
Another brazen theft of Spanish olive oil — this time worth over half a million dollars — is
2023-09-06 13:15
Best Tempus Razorback Build in Warzone 2 Season 5
Best Tempus Razorback Build in Warzone 2 Season 5
Check out the best Tempus Razorback build in Call of Duty: Warzone 2 Season 5 for a great sniper support weapon.
2023-09-26 02:28
Tesla Is Lapping Germany’s Automakers in the Global EV Race
Tesla Is Lapping Germany’s Automakers in the Global EV Race
Germany’s automakers announced bold plans the last several years to shift to electric cars and challenge Tesla Inc.’s
2023-07-24 12:29
Funds Hunting for Hot Investments in Water Have Few Good Options Left
Funds Hunting for Hot Investments in Water Have Few Good Options Left
Funds targeting strategies tied to water preservation are running out of assets to invest in, as a serious
2023-05-24 14:52
After Andrew Tate, xQc hails Jonah Hill's 'misogynistic' views about ex-girlfriend Sarah Brady: 'I think that's fair'
After Andrew Tate, xQc hails Jonah Hill's 'misogynistic' views about ex-girlfriend Sarah Brady: 'I think that's fair'
'It's all about finding something that's a fit for you,' xQc said, backing Jonah Hill's need to set boundaries with ex-gf Sarah Brady
2023-07-11 17:56
Make the grade with Apple's back-to-school sale on laptops, iPads, and more
Make the grade with Apple's back-to-school sale on laptops, iPads, and more
Laptops, tablets, and other tech accessories can be essential to scholastic success, which is why
2023-06-08 01:24
Employee data leaked during British Library cyber attack
Employee data leaked during British Library cyber attack
A cyber attack targeting the British Library has led to a leak of employee data, the institution said. The Rhysida ransomware group has claimed it has access to passports along with other data files. The group said it has started bidding in an auction for access at 20 bitcoin (around £600,000) on an online site. The British Library, which has one of the largest book collections in the world, previously reported that a “major technology outage” had hit online services, public wifi at the site and its website. Ransomware is the key cyber threat facing the UK, and all organisations should take immediate steps to limit risk by following our advice on how to put in place robust defences to protect their networks National Cyber Security Centre spokesperson It said in October that the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) and cybersecurity specialists were investigating. On Tuesday, an NCSC spokesperson said: “We are working with the British Library to fully understand the impact of an incident. “Ransomware is the key cyber threat facing the UK, and all organisations should take immediate steps to limit risk by following our advice on how to put in place robust defences to protect their networks.” The British Library, near St Pancras railway station, remains open and visitors can access the reading rooms for personal study. On Monday, the library posted a statement to X confirming internal HR files had been leaked. It said: “We’re continuing to experience a major technology outage as a result of a cyber-attack, affecting our website, online systems and services, and some onsite services too. “We anticipate restoring many services in the next few weeks, but some disruption may persist for longer. “Following confirmation last week that this was a ransomware attack, we’re aware that some data has been leaked. This appears to be from our internal HR files. “We have no evidence that data of our users has been compromised.” The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK’s data protection watchdog, has confirmed it is looking into the breach. An ICO spokesperson said: “The British Library reported an incident to us and we are making inquiries.” Last week, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), and the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Centre (MS-ISAC) warned about Rhysida. In a joint statement they said the group has launched attacks “against the education, healthcare, manufacturing, information technology, and government sectors since May 2023”.
2023-11-21 19:23
Baidu Sales Beat Estimates in Good Sign for Internet Economy
Baidu Sales Beat Estimates in Good Sign for Internet Economy
Baidu Inc.’s revenue rose its most in more than a year, joining China’s largest internet companies in rediscovering
2023-08-22 18:19
‘Rage-baiting’ leftist Twitter account is probably fake, expert says
‘Rage-baiting’ leftist Twitter account is probably fake, expert says
A popular left-wing Twitter account with thousands of followers, which often went viral and provoked the outrage of leading conservatives, may have been a fake all along, according to online researchers, using a provocative posts to generation attention in a tactic known as “rage-baiting.” Erica Marsh, a self-proclaimed “proud Democrat” from Washington, started her Twitter account in September of 2022, and quickly gained more than 130,000 followers, sometimes netting over 1,000 followers a day posting her quick-twitch takes on the day’s main political news. Her messages often read like a near-parody of an over-the-top, out-of-touch progressive. In a 29 June post, reacting to the recent Supreme Court decision striking down race-based affirmative action in college admissions, she wrote, “Today’s Supreme Court decision is a direct attack on Black people. No Black person will be able to succeed in a merit-based system which is exactly why affirmative-action based programs were needed. Today’s decision is a TRAVESTY!!!” The tweet quickly caught fire online, provoking the ire of leaders like Florida congressman Matt Gaetz, who told his followers, “I strongly disagree with this racist allegation.” However, despite her ability to win followers and stir the pot and attract online attention, Ms Marsh may never have been real, according to an analysis from The Washington Post. Ms Marsh doesn’t appear in phone or voting records, and past employers she claimed like the Biden campaign say they have no record of her. “I strongly suspect that this person doesn’t exist,” John Scott-Railton, a senior researcher at the Citizen Lab at the University of Toronto, told the paper. “It’s as if she dropped from the moon and arrived fully formed with this narrative that makes liberals look like idiots.” Twitter officially does not comment on press requests, and Ms Marsh’s account has been suspended. Before buying the social media site last year, Elon Musk argued fake accounts were a serious problem on Twitter, at one point threatening not to carry out his acquisition over the matter. Twitter said last July it removes over 1 million fake accounts per day. Fakes have been a persistent issue. In November, the company temporarily suspended its Twitter Blue subscription service, after users bought Twitter verification status and used it to impersonate celebrities, politicians and brands. Read More ‘Rate limits’ and Twitter chaos: What exactly is Elon Musk doing? Elon Musk supports eliminating voting rights for people without children Greg Abbott mocked after falling for hoax story about Garth Brooks being booed off stage Judge blocks Biden agencies from communicating with social media platforms Elon Musk supports eliminating voting rights for people without children Outrage erupts in South Africa over video of deputy president's security officers stomping on man
2023-07-05 03:23
The best Chromebooks for kids in 2023
The best Chromebooks for kids in 2023
Knowing what the best Chromebooks for kids are is important before you dive into a
2023-07-29 17:58
SpaceX smashes reusable rocket record as Elon Musk makes bold Starship claim
SpaceX smashes reusable rocket record as Elon Musk makes bold Starship claim
SpaceX has broken its own record for launching reused rockets after successfully completing a mission to deliver its Starlink satellites into orbit. The company launched 22 of its internet satellites aboard a Falcon 9 rocket from the Space Force Station in Cape Canaveral, Florida, on Sunday night, before landing the first stage booster on a drone ship in the Atlantic Ocean. It was the 16th launch and landing for the B1058 Falcon 9 rocket booster, with SpaceX hoping it can achieve another four launches before finally being scrapped. The Starlink satellites were deployed into low-Earth orbit roughly one hour after lift-off, further boosting SpaceX’s space-based internet network. There are now more than 4,000 active Starlink satellites in orbit around Earth, delivering high-speed internet to users. The latest Starlinks are V2 Minis, which despite the name are larger than SpaceX’s previous generation Starlinks. The upgraded satellites include “4x more capacity per satellite than earlier iterations”, according to SpaceX. They are “mini” versions of the V2 Starlink satellites, which are set to launch aboard SpaceX’s giant Starship rocket as soon as it is operational. SpaceX recently completed a six engine static fire test of its Starship rocket at its Starbase facility in Texas, having failed in its first ever orbital mission earlier this year. The private space company has already secured multi-billion dollar contracts with Nasa to use the rocket as part of its Artemis lunar program, while SpaceX plans to use a fleet of the rockets to establish a permanent human colony on Mars before 2050. Shortly after the latest satellites were deployed, SpaceX boss Elon Musk provided an update for its next-generation space craft, which is the biggest rocket ever built. “Looks like we can increase Raptor thrust by ~20 per cent to reach 9,000 tons (20 million lbs) of force at sea level... And deliver over 200 tons of payload to a useful orbit with full and rapid reusability,” he wrote on Twitter. “Fifty rockets flying every three days on average enables over a megaton of payload to orbit per year – enough to build a self-sustaining city on Mars.” There is no fixed date for the next major orbital flight test of the Starship rocket, though Mr Musk has previously said that it will likely take place before September. Read More ‘It’s becoming like an airport’: How SpaceX normalised rocket launches New Meta app Threads ‘first credible threat’ to Twitter Euclid: UK-backed space mission takes off to uncover mysteries of dark universe SpaceX Starship completes six-engine static test fire at base in Texas
2023-07-10 19:23
Did Jason Aldean actually order 65 burritos and not leave a tip?
Did Jason Aldean actually order 65 burritos and not leave a tip?
Days after Jason Aldean went viral over a song about small town America that many commentators have interpreted as containing lyrics which amount to dog-whistle racism, the singer was mired in fresh controversy. Somewhat appropriately it was over another alleged scandal in a small town, in which a Twitter user claimed he failed to tip in a burrito restaurant in Charleston, West Virginia, having supposedly ordered 65 burritos ten minutes before the joint closed. Now, the internet wants to know if it actually happened. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter On July 20, 2023, a user posted: “Remember when @Jason_Aldean came to small town Charleston, WV, ordered 65 burritos from a local joint ten minutes before close and didn't tip anyone? Then his team reached out after the story went viral and the employees got let go? Try that in a small town." A screenshot of the tweet was widely shared on TikTok, Reddit, and other websites, three days after the Country Music Television (CMT) network pulled Aldean's new music video for his song, 'Try That in a Small Town.' Find out more about the racism scandal engulfing the song here. According to fact-checkers at Snopes, the controversy goes back to a 2017 news story by TMZ, which claimed the singer had ordered 60 burritos and a quesadilla at a restaurant called Black Sheep, which totaled around $500. “We found no concrete information on whether the order was placed for takeout and was picked up by one of Aldean's crew members, or if the entire crew sat down at the restaurant. However, the former appeared to likely have been the case, as we have so far found no photographic or video evidence of the crew eating at the restaurant,” reported the fact checkers. The tweet’s claim that the order for Aldean's crew was made "ten minutes before close" wasn’t mentioned in the original story by TMZ. Arep for Aldean said an "appropriate tip" had been left for the order back in 2017, adding: “Jason had absolutely no contact with the restaurant or any of its employees.” Meanwhile it looks like the tweet’s claim that “employees” were fired by Black Sheep because the story went viral is partially true. The original reporting from TMZ mentioned that one employee who was fired, after apparently tweeting about the order for Aldean's crew. The apparent tweets posted by the employee, which are no longer available, appeared in a second report by TMZ. One of them read: “@Jason Aldean can suck my a-- for not tipping Black Sheep, after ordering 60 burritos.” So to sum up: nobody can quite tell if the story is totally true. Aldean may not have been personally involved, but it looks like there was a big old burrito order for him and his crew, and there was definitely some controversy around the tip. We’ll have to leave the rest to your imagination. Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-07-28 17:50