Sdorn Provides Timely and Accurate Technology News, Covering APP, AI, IoT, Cybersecurity, Startup and Innovation.
⎯ 《 Sdorn • Com 》
Tesla to offer ‘beast mode’ version of Cybertruck with bulletproof panels
Tesla to offer ‘beast mode’ version of Cybertruck with bulletproof panels
Tesla will offer a “beast mode version” for its much anticipated Cybertruck once it is rolled out by the end of this year, Elon Musk has said. In his latest interview with Joe Rogan on Tuesday, Mr Musk expressed hope that the “beast mode” version of the vehicle will be able to go from zero to 60 mph in under three seconds. The multibillionaire owner of X/Twitter had earlier said the Cybertruck will also get “performance” and “kicks ass” versions. However, Mr Musk did not elaborate on the other features that will be included in these versions of the electric vehicle (EV). He also reiterated that the Cybertruck, expected to launch in November, will have bulletproof steel panels and an option for people to purchase bulletproof glass. “You can make anything bulletproof if you want, but the glass has to be very thick to be bulletproof, so it can’t go up and down,” Mr Musk said. During the interview, Mr Rogan tried shooting an arrow at the vehicle’s stainless steel body. The projectile caused a small dent on the side of the Cybertruck model. Mr Musk said upcoming demonstrations will show the Cybertruck is bulletproof. The Tesla titan said one demonstration will have the vehicle being shot at with a Tommy gun, a 45mm shotgun and a 9mm gun. “Trucks are supposed to be tough, right?” he said. The bulletproof nature of the truck, dubbed “an armoured personal carrier from the future”, has been the subject of intense hype ever since it was unveiled. Mr Musk’s first demonstration of the toughness of the Cybertruck in 2019 had become a misfire as the window of the vehicle immediately smashed after he invited an audience member to throw a small metal ball at it. “Oh my f***ing god. Well, maybe that was a little too hard. It didn’t go through, so that’s a plus... room for improvement,” Mr Musk exclaimed, later adding on social media that prior testing before the event had compromised the window. “Sledgehammer impact on door cracked base of glass, which is why steel ball didn’t bounce off. Should have done steel ball on window, *then* sledgehammer the door,” the Tesla chief had said. Last month, Mr Musk dampened hopes that the Cybertruck will revive profits for the company in the near future. He announced in an earnings call that it will take at least 18 months for the truck to become profitable. “There will be enormous challenges in reaching volume production with Cybertruck and making the Cybertruck cash flow positive,” the Tesla titan told investors and analysts. “The blood, sweat, and tears that will be required to achieve that is just staggering,” he said. Read More Kamala Harris arrives in the UK ahead of AI safety summit X now valued at $19bn – less than half of what Elon Musk paid for it Elon Musk slammed by Israel for offering to send Starlink to Gaza Elon Musk says X posts with misinformation are ‘ineligible for revenue share’ Twitter adds video calling – and lets strangers ring you Elon Musk was ‘almost in tears’ on Tesla earnings call, analyst claims
2023-11-01 13:17
Rimini Street’s Street Smart and Street Light Executive Series Strives to Bring Together Thousands of Global CXOs, IT and Finance Leaders into a Unique Community of Peer Learning, Networking and Sharing of Ideas
Rimini Street’s Street Smart and Street Light Executive Series Strives to Bring Together Thousands of Global CXOs, IT and Finance Leaders into a Unique Community of Peer Learning, Networking and Sharing of Ideas
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun 7, 2023--
2023-06-07 21:15
AI robots tell UN conference they could run the world
AI robots tell UN conference they could run the world
A panel of AI-enabled humanoid robots took the microphone Friday at a United Nations conference with the message: they could eventually run the...
2023-07-07 21:47
US inks modest trade deal with Taiwan in show of support in the face of pressure from China
US inks modest trade deal with Taiwan in show of support in the face of pressure from China
The United States has reached a modest trade agreement with Taiwan
2023-05-19 06:30
OpenAI launches webcrawler GPTBot, and instructions on how to block it
OpenAI launches webcrawler GPTBot, and instructions on how to block it
OpenAI has launched a web crawler to improve artificial intelligence models like GPT-4. Called GPTBot,
2023-08-08 12:21
Netflix Says It Has 5 Million Users for Its Cheaper Plan With Ads
Netflix Says It Has 5 Million Users for Its Cheaper Plan With Ads
Netflix Inc. said its new ad-supported subscription plan has 5 million monthly active users, six months after its
2023-05-18 06:23
Tesla begins notifying workers who were affected by data breach
Tesla begins notifying workers who were affected by data breach
Tesla has begun notifying current and former employees whose information was included in a confidential data breach in May.
2023-08-20 00:48
Netflix subscriber growth soars as password sharing crackdown continues to work
Netflix subscriber growth soars as password sharing crackdown continues to work
Netflix has seen its subscriber base grow rapidly – suggesting its crackdown on password sharing has gone even better than expected. The company has launched a range of schemes intended to encourage more people to sign up, amid slumping user numbers. They include a cheaper version of the streaming service with ads, but also a password sharing crackdown that proved controversial among users who characterised it as invasive or mean. It appears to have worked to encourage users to sign up, however. The company said in its latest results that it had added 5.9 million users, almost three times what analysts had expected. Netflix ended June with 238.4 million worldwide subscribers. Investors seemed unsatisfied, perhaps rattled by management commentary in a shareholder letter warning “quite a competitive battle” continuing to unfold against the backdrop of ongoing strikes by both the writers and actors union in the US that is already bogging down much of Hollywood and threatening to clog the pipelines feeding entertainment to streaming services. Netflix's stock price fell 4 per cent in Wednesday's extended trading. The decline also could have reflected some investor locking in profits that have accrued while the shares have climbed by more than 50 per cent so far this year. The second-quarter performance marked Netflix’s biggest spring —- traditionally the company's slowest stretch of growth — since gaining 10 million subscribers during the same period in 2020 under dramatically different market conditions. In 2020, people were still largely stuck at home and looking for ways to keep themselves entertained while governments around the world struggled to find a way to contain the spread of pandemic. Now, Netflix finds itself trying to bounce back from a growth slowdown amid stiff video streaming competition and inflationary pressures that have caused many households to clamp down on spending, especially on discretionary items such as entertainment. As an antidote, Netflix last year introduced a low-priced option that includes commercials and then began to block the rampant sharing of passwords that has enabled an estimated 100 million people worldwide to watch its TV series and films for free. Freeloading viewers are now being required to open their own accounts unless a subscriber with a standard or premium plan agrees to pay an $8 monthly surcharge to allow more people living in different households to watch. In its shareholder letter, management said the crackdown on password sharing is resulting in a “healthy conversion of borrower households into full paying Netflix memberships.” And Netflix still isn’t done tinkering. As part of Wednesday’s earnings release, Netflix also revealed it’s phasing out its cheapest ad-free plan – a service that costs $10 in the U.S. Existing subscribers already paying for this basic plan will be allowed to keep it. The shift appears designed to get more people to switch to the $7 monthly plan that includes commercials in hopes of boosting ad revenue or sign up for its $15.50 monthly standard plan or $20 monthly premium plan. “While we’ve made steady progress this year, we have more work to do to reaccelerate our growth,” Netflix management told shareholders in its letter. The pricing changes that have already been made helped Netflix boost its second-quarter revenue by 3% from the same time last year to $8.2 billon, falling below analyst forecasts. Netflix earned $1.49 billion during the period, compared with $1.44 billion last year. But earnings per share came in at $3.29 per share, eclipsing the average analyst estimate of $2.85 per share, according to FactSet. Netflix didn't delve into the potential fallout from the current walkout by in the U.S. by writers and actors. The dispute revolves revolve largely around the payment system used in video streaming and the rise of artificial intelligence technology threatening to exploit the work of humans and eventually replace them. Unlike traditional movie and TV studios in the U.S., Netflix has been able to keep feeding its entertainment pipeline with shows that it has been able to use to keep luring in and retaining subscribers. Additional reporting by AP Read More Stolen ChatGPT accounts for sale on the dark web Geothermal breakthrough uses oil drilling tech to tap renewable energy Solar panel tech breakthrough generates electricity from rain Stolen ChatGPT accounts for sale on the dark web Geothermal breakthrough uses oil drilling tech to tap renewable energy Solar panel tech breakthrough generates electricity from rain
2023-07-21 00:22
HyperX Sponsors Arizona State University Study to Help Discover Breakthrough Player Performance Predictions Using Biometrics
HyperX Sponsors Arizona State University Study to Help Discover Breakthrough Player Performance Predictions Using Biometrics
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun 1, 2023--
2023-06-01 18:19
BlackRock, Vanguard Among Firms Blocking Key ESG Votes: Study
BlackRock, Vanguard Among Firms Blocking Key ESG Votes: Study
The world’s biggest asset managers are consistently voting against proposals intended to protect biodiversity, as one of the
2023-05-24 07:19
US judge rules Microsoft deal to buy Activision can go forward
US judge rules Microsoft deal to buy Activision can go forward
WASHINGTON A U.S. judge ruled on Tuesday that Microsoft may go forward with its planned acquisition of videogame
2023-07-11 23:50
HP Enterprise Stock Rises. It’s Getting Some of Nvidia’s AI Stardust.
HP Enterprise Stock Rises. It’s Getting Some of Nvidia’s AI Stardust.
The partnership will allow businesses to quickly customize AI models using private data and deploy applications such as chatbots.
2023-11-30 20:23