
Influencer responds to criticism for demanding commuters wait for her when filming on tube
An influencer has been criticised for complaining about commuters getting in her way as she posed for photos in front of a tube on the London Underground. In the viral video from last year, TikToker Antonia Freya Lydia (@turnttoni) attempted to show off her black feather strapless dress in a clip but this proved to be challenging as people were walking along the platform. "Taking an aesthetic video in London Underground be like," she wrote in the on-screen text as people walked past and blocked her shot. She added in the caption: "Like can yoh wait just one sec,sir." @turnttoni like can yoh wait just one sec,sir? #fy #foryou #london #underground Since sharing the video, it went with 8.9m views where people took to the comment section and didn't hold back on their thoughts. One person said: "Some people actually use the station to get to places instead of taking insta photos crazy right?!?" "GIRL IT’S A TRAIN STATION—" another person wrote. A third person added: "You know people have to go to work and they're not going to stop their lives for you. Don't want people around, go someplace private." "If you were in a wide open space this would make sense but… in a TRAIN STATION?!" a fourth commented. Someone else replied: "Imagine doing this at Oxford Circus and expecting people to get out of your way." While a few defended the influencer too "Don’t think she knew it was gonna be that busy and she is probably joking lol," one person wrote. Someone else replied: "Idk about y’all but i understand her completely." But this wasn't the end of the matter... The debate was reignited when Twitter user @schizarella (not Antonia in the original video) weighed in with their thoughts after the clip was reposted on the platform on Sunday. "When you see someone recording just walk behind the camera or wait literally ten seconds, if you can't do this then you don't deserve to be part of a civilized society," they wrote in a post that has since become unavailable to view. It prompted many people to disagree and criticise the influencer for her actions - here are some of the comments. In a recent TikTok, Antonia aka the influencer in the original video responded to a critical comment saying they couldn't believe she was complaining about people getting in her shot, and called her content "lame." @turnttoni Replying to @sop excuse me, what do you mean? #fy #foryou #subway To which Antonia replied with a video filled with different snaps of herself all over the world and in different outfits where she seemed to be unbothered as she wrote: "wait.... lame?" Then, she wrote in the caption: "excuse me, what do you mean?" Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-09-18 18:18

Recuro Health Showcases Risk Adjustment & Quality Measurement Solutions for Health Plans at AHIP's 2023 Consumer Experience & Digital Health Forum
DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 11, 2023--
2023-09-11 20:16

AI poses 'extinction' risk, say experts
Global leaders should be working to reduce "the risk of extinction" from artificial intelligence technology, a group of industry chiefs...
2023-05-30 20:15

An Impressive Travel Laptop: Living With an HP Dragonfly G4
HP’s Dragonfly G4 is, as the name suggests, the fourth generation of a business laptop
2023-07-29 04:16

Crypto exchange HashKey bags licence update to serve retail users
Cryptocurrency exchange HashKey on Thursday said it will begin offering its services to retail users in Hong Kong,
2023-08-03 17:49

YouTuber discovers massive hole in New York sidewalk
A YouTuber stunned the internet after discovering a massive deep hole in a New York City sidewalk. Internet personality Casey Neistat shared his shocking discovery in a video that has gone viral across social media. Text overlaying the video read: “Gotta watch out on New York City sidewalks”. In the clip, Neistat was filming on a New York City street when the camera of his phone panned to reveal a corner of a paving slab that was crumbling and appeared to be sagging downwards. Neistat pressed his foot into the crumbling part of the slab which dramatically fell away leaving a fairly sizeable and dangerous-looking hole. He put his arm holding the phone down the hole, with the camera revealing just how deep it went into the ground. Various rusted pipe work could be seen occupying the space. The 20-second video has been viewed almost 26 million times on TikTok and has also been shared across other social media platforms, sparking quite a reaction. @caseyneistat ⚠️ Other TikTokers took to the comments, where they joked that the hole would probably soon be rented out as an apartment. “That’s someone’s studio apartment. $2,300 a month plus utilities,” someone joked in the comments section. Another said: “Bro found Old York.” One concerned viewer wrote: “Casey, I hope you called someone.” “Bro out here wasting injury lawsuits,” someone else quipped. Someone else suggested: “Mans found the entrance to Super Mario World.” Along the same lines, another person asked: “Are the ninja turtles in there?” Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-09-14 16:46

Kai Cenat challenges current Minecraft record holder xQc: 'Gonna beat' him
Minecraft speedruns have always been a minor subject in the eSports world
2023-05-10 15:25

Neuralink’s test monkeys died due to brain implants contrary to Elon Musk’s claims, report suggests
Test monkeys at Elon Musk’s controversial biotech startup Neuralink died due to a number of complications from brain chip implant procedures, counter to the claims made by the multi-billionaire, a new report claimed. Nuralink has been developing chips to be implanted into the skull, claiming that such a computer-brain interface will help restore vision in the blind and paralysed people walk again. The company unveiled the working of its technology in monkey models in the past, including one demonstration of a nine-year-old macaque learning to play the 1970s classic video game Pong. However, the startup is also subjected to complaints by animal rights groups, including the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), which criticised the company’s “inadequate care” of its research monkeys a number of times in the past. In a post on X, the Tesla titan said earlier this month that “no monkey has died as a result of a Neuralink implant” in response to allegations that the neurotech firm was inflicting “extreme suffering” on its primate test subjects. “First our early implants, to minimise risk to healthy monkeys, we chose terminal monkeys (close to death already),” Mr Musk posted on X, the platform previously known as Twitter. In a presentation last year, the multibillionaire also claimed that Neuralink’s animal testing was never “exploratory” but was conducted to confirm scientific hypotheses. “We are extremely careful,” he said at the presentation. However, public documents obtained by PCRM – a nonprofit that advocates against using live animals in testing – present a different picture. The documents, reviewed by Wired, pointed out that a number of monkeys, on whom the implants were tested, were euthanised after suffering various complications, including “bloody diarrhea, partial paralysis, and cerebral edema”. One document reportedly noted that a male macaque was euthanised in March 2020 “after his cranial implant became loose” to the extent that they “could easily be lifted out”. A necropsy report of this monkey pointed out that “the failure of this implant can be considered purely mechanical and not exacerbated by infection”, which appeared to counter Mr Musk’s claim that no monkeys died due to Neuralink’s chips. Another primate, the report noted “began to press her head against the floor for no apparent reason” and lose coordination, with her condition deteriorating for months until she was finally euthanised. A necropsy report, cited by Wired, suggested that this animal was bleeding in her brain and that the neurotech firm’s implants left parts of her cerebral cortex brain region “focally tattered”. However, the company held that its “use of every animal was extensively planned and considered to balance scientific discovery with the ethical use of animals”. Neuralink did not immediately respond to The Independent’s request for comment. The latest report also comes as Neuralink announced on Wednesday that it has started human trials for people with quadriplegia after testing its implants on pigs and monkeys. “We’re excited to announce that recruitment is open for our first-in-human clinical trial,” the company posted on X. “If you have quadriplegia due to cervical spinal cord injury or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), you may qualify,” it said. Read More Elon Musk recruiting humans to trial brain implant Starship rocket launch window revealed by FAA Elon Musk reveals trillion dollar algorithm that explains everything he does Elon Musk’s Neuralink recruiting humans to trial brain implant Elon Musk and the one trillion-dollar algorithm that explains everything he does Elon Musk says monkeys implanted with Neuralink brain chips were ‘close to death’
2023-09-21 15:23

Britcoin May Not Actually Be On Blockchain, BOE Exec Says
A digital pound developed by the Bank of England could end up running on software that is not
2023-06-27 15:24

BBC, British Airways, Novia Scotia among first big-name victims in global supply-chain hack
U.S. and British cybersecurity officials are warning of the potential widespread global impact of a Russian cyber-extortion gang’s hack of a file-transfer program popular with corporations
2023-06-08 03:22

World Set to Warm With Current Climate Policies, UN Warns
The global average temperature will rise as much as 2.8C above pre-industrial levels this century if countries implement
2023-11-14 19:20

Dell's revenue forecast signals AI boost will take longer to materialize
(Reuters) -Dell Technologies on Thursday reiterated that it expects revenue to grow at a compounded annual rate of 3% to
2023-10-05 23:27
You Might Like...

Boatsetter Is Changing the Face of Boating as More Women, Millennials and Gen Z Take to the Water

Medimaps Group Receives EU Certification Under the Medical Device Regulation

It’s Getting Harder to Find Mining Engineers a Green World Needs

VR tool aims to help rail passengers spot and safely tackle sexual harassment

US congressional committee set to weigh crypto bills

Indian glacial lake that flooded was poised to get early warning system

Extreme Heat Set to Increase Heart Attack, Stroke Deaths in US

What is Pokimane's role at EVO? Unveiling Twitch queen's contribution to the evolution of fighting game tournament