
Who is Santea and why has he taken a break from social media?
An influencer has gone viral across social media – for all of the wrong reasons. Santea, real name Santiago Albarran, is a 21-year-old TikTok star, mostly known for his lip sync, dancing and challenges shared to the platform. The internet star first started his channel in 2019 and has since featured alongside other online personalities including Malu Trevejo, Emelly Hernandez, Devin Caherly, and Amanda Diaz. He also has his own YouTube channel, which has amassed almost 44,000,000 views. On Thursday (15 June), a very NSFW video was uploaded to his Snapchat story, before being swiftly deleted. The clip in question showed a man and woman in a compromising position. No faces were shown. It remains unclear whether it was shared intentionally, but has since surfaced on other social media outlets. "I was barely going to sleep till I saw @Santea__ snap story woke me right tf up lol," one person hit back, while another added: "I'm just waiting for that apology video now lol." Sign up for our free Indy100 weekly newsletter @santea_ Replying to @one &' only ♛ .yall shouldve known betta when i told yall bout them 14 seconds. I can do betta i swear ? It comes after the influencer took to Instagram to announce he will be taking a break from social media. "Getting off social media for a year for my mental health," he wrote. "My last public event will be in San Antonio this month on the 23rd." He cryptically added: "RIP Santea". Santea has not yet addressed the Snapchat footage, as curious fans stand by to see whether he will publicly issue an apology or speak about the video-in-question. Indy100 reached out to Santea for comment. Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-06-16 19:54

AAA Games Are Coming to the iPhone 15 Pro
iPhone 15 Pro users can play AAA titles previously available on console and PC starting later this year.
2023-09-16 02:16

Strange structures pointing towards black hole discovered in space
There’s been another unexpected discovery in our galaxy, after scientists observed strange structures pointing towards a black hole. These “dashes” were spotted in the Milky Way and all aim towards the black hole at its centre. The sheer number of these structures is unprecedented, too, with hundreds of them measuring five to 10 light-years long discovered as part of the new research. The true nature of the dashes remains a mystery, and there’s currently no explanation as to how they got there in the first place. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter “It was a surprise to suddenly find a new population of structures that seem to be pointing in the direction of the black hole,” Northwestern University’s Farhad Yusef-Zadeh, who led the research. “I was actually stunned when I saw these. We had to do a lot of work to establish that we weren’t fooling ourselves. And we found that these filaments are not random but appear to be tied to the outflow of our black hole. “By studying them, we could learn more about the black hole’s spin and accretion disk orientation. It is satisfying when one finds order in a middle of a chaotic field of the nucleus of our galaxy.” The research, published in The Astrophysical Journal Letters, also reflects on findings from Professor Yusef-Zadeh in the early 80s, who discovered one-dimensional filaments near the black hole in the middle of the Milky Way, named Sagittarius A*. The new structures are spread out in a different direction, and change the way scientists have been thinking about filaments like this completely. “We have always been thinking about vertical filaments and their origin,” he said. “I’m used to them being vertical. I never considered there might be others along the plane.” Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-06-03 18:23

Cities: Skylines 2 Recommended Specs
Players are curious about the city-builder simulation known as Cities: Skylines 2.
2023-10-20 02:48

New discovery of rogue planets defies scientific theory and leaves experts baffled
Planet-like objects in the Orion Nebula have been revealed for the first time in images from the James Webb Space Telescope. The Orion Nebula, one of the brightest nebulae in the night sky, has long presented astronomers with an abundance of celestial objects to study. It is identifiable as the sword in the Orion constellation and is located 1,300 light-years from Earth. Astronomers managed to discover unprecedented details by capturing mosaics of the Orion Nebula in short and long wavelengths of light. Whilst searching for low-mass objects, astronomers Samuel G. Pearson - a European Space Agency research fellow at the European Space Research and Technology Centre in the Netherlands - and Mark J. McCaughrean - senior adviser for science and exploration at the European Space Agency - came across something they had never before seen. Their discovery appears to defy some fundamental astronomical theories: pairs of planet-like objects with masses between 0.6 and 13 times the mass of Jupiter. They have been dubbed Jupiter Mass Binary Objects, or JuMBOs. "Although some of them are more massive than the planet Jupiter, they will be roughly the same size and only slightly large," said Pearson. The astronomers found 40 pairs of JuMBOs, and although they exist in pairs, the objects are typically about 200 astronomical units apart, or 200 times the distance between Earth and the sun. This means it can take between 20,000 and 80,000 years for the objects to complete an orbit around each other. McCaughrean and Pearson have written two research papers based on their discoveries in the Orion Nebula. The preliminary findings are available on a preprint site called arXiv whilst the studies have been submitted to academic journals for publication. But many questions about JuMBOs remain. "Scientists have been working on theories and models of star and planet formation for decades, but none of them have ever predicted that we would find pairs of super low mass objects floating alone in space - and we're seeing lots of them," Pearson said. "The main that we learn for this is that there is something fundamentally wrong with either our understanding of planet formation, star formation, or both." Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-10-08 21:17

Atlantic Has Seen 73 Days of Named Storms in 2023: Weather Watch
The Atlantic has had 73 days in which a named storm has been spinning in its waters so
2023-09-26 21:27

Meta loses as top EU court backs antitrust regulators over privacy breach checks
By Foo Yun Chee BRUSSELS (Reuters) -Antitrust authorities overseeing firms such as Facebook owner Meta Platforms are entitled to also
2023-07-04 19:29

AstraZeneca to Fight Deforestation With 200 Million Trees: The London Rush
AstraZeneca is putting its money where its mouth is when it comes to fighting climate change and biodiversity
2023-06-28 15:56

Will AI really destroy humanity?
The warnings are coming from all angles: artificial intelligence poses an existential risk to humanity and must be shackled before...
2023-06-27 13:25

Physical Operations Leaders Step Up Investments in Workforce and Technology to Reinvent Operations, Samsara Research Shows
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 17, 2023--
2023-05-17 21:20

New brain technology helps paralysed man with severe spine injury walk again
A man paralysed in a bicycle accident more than a decade ago has regained the ability to stand and walk naturally, using technology developed by researchers in Switzerland. Neuroscientists at the Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL) have created what they call a “wireless digital bridge” which is able to restore the connection lost between the brain and the spinal cord. This digital bridge is a brain–spine interface which allows Gert-Jan Oskam to regain control over the movement of his legs, enabling him to stand, walk and even climb stairs. The team said their technology also enabled Mr Oskam to recover some of the brain function he had lost since his accident, where he was able to show motor skills when the digital bridge was turned off. According to the researchers, this “digital repair of the spinal cord suggests that new nerve connections have developed”. Mr Oskam, 40, an engineer from the Netherlands, was living and working in China when he had a cycling accident in 2011. He injured his spinal cord and lost movement in his legs. Neurosurgeon Jocelyn Bloch, who is a professor at the EPFL, said: “When we met Gert-Jan, he was unable to take a step after a severe spinal cord injury.” Gregoire Courtine, a professor of neuroscience at the EPFL, said: “To walk, the brain must send a command to the region of the spinal cord responsible for the control of movements. For the first time after 10 years (I was able) to stand up and have a beer with some of my friends, so that was pretty cool Gert-Jan Oskam “When there is a spinal cord injury, this communication is interrupted. “Our idea was to re-establish this communication with a digital bridge – an electronic communication between the brain and the region of the spinal cord that is still intact and can control the leg movements.” Mr Oskam underwent two surgeries to implant electrodes in the brain and the spinal cord to make the digital bridge. The technology uses artificial intelligence to convert movement thoughts into actions, establishing a direct link between the brain and spinal cord regions involved in walking. Prof Courtine said: “For the first time this digital bridge bypasses an injury, restoring the communication between two regions of the central nervous system that are disconnected.” The team said their findings, published in the journal Nature, establish a framework where natural control of movement can be restored after paralysis. Mr Oskam said he is able to walk at least 100 metres or more, depending on the day. He is also able to walk on crutches, when the implant is switched of, raising hope that technologies such as these could restore lost nerve function. Prof Courtine said: “What we observed is a digital repair of the spine, a recovery of neurological function that he has lost for many years.” Mr Oskam said: “For the first time after 10 years (I was able) to stand up and have a beer with some of my friends, so that was pretty cool.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Meta Ireland to cut about 490 jobs Netflix begins crackdown on password sharing in the UK and US Netflix begins sending emails to UK customers about account sharing
2023-05-24 23:23

Google faces £7 bn claim on behalf of UK consumers
Google is facing a new lawsuit in Britain, which accuses the US tech giant of stifling competition in the search engine market and causing prices to rise across the...
2023-09-07 20:50
You Might Like...

Amazon discloses 181 million users in EU in first store transparency report

Topcon Healthcare Launches Customer Care Portal

11 Successful (and Silly) Euphemisms for the F-Word

As Susanna Gibson scandal explodes, Internet wants to know just one thing, 'what the hell is Chaturbate'

Dyson's cheapest laser vacuum made me feel bad about my dirty floors...in a good way

LEAK: New Selling System Coming to Fortnite Creative

Best Resident Evil 2023 Black Friday Deals

UVDI to Introduce the New UVDI-GO™ UV LED Surface Sanitizer at APIC 2023