
NETGEAR Introduces World’s First WiFi 6E Unlocked 5G Mobile Hotspot With mmWave Technology
SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 10, 2023--
2023-05-10 20:56

US government and 17 states sue Amazon in landmark monopoly case
The US government and 17 states are suing Amazon in a landmark monopoly case reflecting years of allegations that the e-commerce giant abused its economic dominance and harmed fair competition.
2023-09-27 00:29

Xbox and PlayStation sign major deal on the future of Call of Duty – as Activision deal gets closer
Microsoft will keep Call of Duty on PlayStation after it buys the series’ developer, according to a new deal signed with PlayStation. The Xbox and PlayStation makers have been engaged in a sometimes angry war in recent months, as Microsoft attempts to buy Activision Blizzard, the developer of games including Call of Duty. PlayStation’s objections centre around the fact that the deal would give Microsoft too much control over the gaming market, given the dominance of Call of Duty among players on consoles. Those objections have led to legal hearings, as well as opposition from regulators and competition authorities. At times, those legal objections have looked to derail the deal, which would be the biggest ever gaming acquisition if it is completed. But it now looks to be moving forward, after Microsoft announced that it had signed a “binding agreement” to make the games available on other consoles when the deal is complete. The deal could further ease regulators concerns about what would happen to the game as well as the broader console and gaming market if the deal goes ahead. It is the latest piece of good news for Microsoft, which won a legal case last week against objections from the US Federal Trade Commission, and looks to be moving towards closing the deal. “We are pleased to announce that Microsoft and PlayStation have signed a binding agreement to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation following the acquisition of Activision Blizzard. We look forward to a future where players globally have more choice to play their favorite games,” said Phil Spencer, Microsoft’s head of Xbox, in a tweet. And Microsoft President Brad Smith said in a tweet, “Even after we cross the finish line for this deal’s approval, we will remain focused on ensuring that Call of Duty remains available on more platforms and for more consumers than ever before.” The FTC had argued the deal would hurt consumers whether they played video games on consoles or had subscriptions because Microsoft would have an incentive to shut out rivals like Sony. To address the FTC’s concerns, Microsoft had earlier agreed to license “Call of Duty” to rivals, including a 10-year contract with Nintendo, contingent on the merger closing. Additional reporting by agencies Read More Battery breakthroughs are about to trigger a transport revolution ‘Hostile states using organised crime gangs as proxies in the UK’ Powerful solar flare to disrupt communications, Russians warn
2023-07-17 22:21

Emergency number back in use after nationwide technical fault
People can once again call 999 in an emergency after services were hit by a nationwide technical fault. BT said it had implemented a back-up platform after issues with 999 calls connecting were reported on Sunday morning. Emergency services across the country have confirmed they are able to receive 999 calls again, but some warned they were still experiencing residual difficulties. A spokesperson for BT said: “Early this morning we experienced a problem with the 999 service. “The situation is fast-moving as we fix the problem and our back up platform is now working – so people should call 999 as usual. “We will provide updates as the issue is resolved.” Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service warned of a 30-second delay to connect to 999, while Suffolk Police said its system may not be working to full capacity and urged people to use 999 only in a genuine emergency. The Metropolitan Police said the back-up system was “not as effective at telling us where you are calling from”. “Help us by having the address of the emergency ready,” the force said. “If you don’t know the address, look around for a street name or obvious landmark.” East Midlands Ambulance Service (EMAS) said that if a 999 call was not successful, people should call 111 for urgent medical help instead. Richard Lyne, strategic commander at EMAS, said: “We urge people to seriously consider the alternative services available and if it’s possible to make your own way to a treatment centre. “For example, if a relative or friend can take you by car.” Problems with the service, which is managed by BT, were first reported at around 8.30am on Sunday and people were told to call 101 in an emergency for police and fire, or 111 in a medical emergency. Several police forces and fire and ambulance services said they were facing issues and said BT had reported a “system failure”.
2023-06-25 22:17

Presnel Kimpembe FIFA 23: How to Complete the Flashback SBC
Presnel Kimpembe FIFA 23 Flashback SBC is now live during Ligue 1 Team of the Season. Here's how to complete the SBC and if it's worth it.
2023-05-27 01:48

Intersolar 2023: SolarEdge Unveils New Bi-Directional DC-Coupled Electric Vehicle Charger
MUNICH & MILPITAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun 14, 2023--
2023-06-14 22:25

Perfect Corp. Unveils Stacking Ring, Bracelet, and Watch Set Virtual Try-On Technology to Elevate True-to-Life Jewelry Shopping Experiences to the Extreme
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 13, 2023--
2023-09-13 19:28

Arizona says closely monitoring use of self-driving vehicles
(Reuters) -Arizona is closely monitoring the testing and use of self-driving vehicles in the state, its transportation department said on
2023-10-26 02:54

X introduces limits to prevent non-paying users from replying to posts
Elon Musk has introduced new controls to X, formerly Twitter, that allow users to limit who can comment on posts to just paying users. The reply paywall will prevent unverified accounts that do not pay for X Premium from engaging in discussions on certain posts. It is the latest change to the platform that Mr Musk has overseen since taking over Twitter last year and renaming it X. The tech billionaire, who is the most-followed person on X, said the latest limits “should help a lot with spam bots”. Mr Musk has brought about a complete overhaul of the way verification on the platform works since his takeover, removing the legacy blue ticks from celebrities, journalists and politicians, and giving them to anyone who paid a monthly subscription fee. These paying users were also given prominence over non-paying users when appearing in searches, as well as prioritised ranking in conversations. The move comes amid reports that Mr Musk is planning to test new subscription options for X users, which could see the introduction of up to three tiers. Each premium tier will offer different levels of ad exposure, according to a report in Bloomberg, though it is not clear if the price of the top tier will differ from the $11 (£9.60) that it currently costs. Other social media firms are also considering similar subscription models, with both Meta and TikTok among those who will potentially supplement their advertising revenue with a user-funded model. Monthly fees for Meta’s platforms, which include Facebook and Instagram, could cost between €10 (£9) and €13 in Europe, The Wall Street Journal reported last week, and come in response to Europe’s data privacy laws. These laws are seen as a threat to the lucrative business model of showing personalised ads to users, with a spokesperson confirming that Meta was exploring options to “comply with evolving regulatory requirements”. Read More The mystery AI device that could replace your phone Schoolboy almost dies from swallowing magnets for TikTok challenge Woman shares honest review of New York City apartment TikTok mom slammed after making 5-year-old son run in 104 degree heat
2023-10-10 19:15

US Cyber Monday sales hit record $12.4 billion on big discounts - report
(Reuters) -Deep discounts on everything from beauty products and toys to electronics have enticed U.S. shoppers to splurge on Christmas
2023-11-28 21:57

Keep your furry friends close with $35 off the Cube GPS tracker
SAVE $35: As of Sept. 18, you can score a Cube GPS tracker at Best
2023-09-19 00:15

'Forgiving Johnny' review: Exploring a paperless framework for restorative justice
In a pre-climactic scene from new short documentary film Forgiving Johnny, a Los Angeles Public
2023-09-12 19:49
You Might Like...

Another Three Rail Transit Lines in China Operate with Hytera Communication Systems

Want a free 55-inch TV? The catch: nonstop ads, less privacy

For the few women who sit atop S&P 500 companies, thinner paychecks as median compensation slips

Maine Lawmakers Approve Bill to Boost Offshore Wind Development

League of Legends Prime Gaming Capsule Aug. 2023: How to Claim

Reverba Announces Appointment of Peter J. Brown as President

Western officials arrive in the UAE amid push to deprive Russia of advanced microchips

UK Moves Closer to Mandatory CO2 Disclosures With New Guidance