
The Fatal Bullying of Heather Armstrong: Trolls on GOMI mocked blogger before and after her death
Heather Armstrong's haters say 'good riddance' and call the blogger selfish for killing herself
2023-05-13 15:28

Hytera Releases Ruggedized Push-to-talk Smartphone
SHENZHEN, China--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 17, 2023--
2023-05-17 21:20

These Last-Minute Halloween Deals From Amazon Are Your Chance to Save Big on Costumes, Horror Movies, and More
From top-rated costumes to horror movies from Shout Factory, these last-minute Halloween deals on Amazon can help you save—and keep things spooky.
2023-10-29 05:48

Panasas Appoints Ken Claffey as CEO, Positioning the Company for Strategic Growth in the HPC and AI Storage Market
SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 6, 2023--
2023-09-07 01:55

With affirmative action out, North Carolina's flagship school bars use of race, sex in admissions
The board of North Carolina’s flagship public university has voted to strictly bar the use of “race, sex, color or ethnicity” in admissions and hiring decisions following recent U.S. Supreme Court rulings striking down affirmative action in forming student bodies
2023-07-29 00:59

Finout Launches AI-Powered Cost Savings for AWS, Giving Every Dollar Saved Back to Customers
SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun 26, 2023--
2023-06-26 22:25

Elon Musk threatens to reassign inactive Twitter accounts
Elon Musk has announced that Twitter will purge accounts that have been inactive on the social media platform for a long time. The Twitter chief had already expressed interest last November in purging inactive accounts. He said in the following month that Twitter would “soon” start freeing the usernames of 1.5 billion accounts, adding that inactive accounts would be deleted in the process. “We’re purging accounts that have had no activity at all for several years, so you will probably see follower count drop,” Mr Musk tweeted on Monday. “It is important to free up abandoned handles,” the multibillionaire said. Responding to a user, the Tesla and SpaceX chief said several usernames will become available as a result of the move. Many users replied to Mr Musk’s tweet, asking if there will be a way to memorialise accounts of deceased users. The multibillionaire hinted that deleted accounts “will be archived”. The latest decision comes as Twitter continues to make new changes to the platform to boost revenue even as some of the measures have alienated users and advertisers. Earlier last month, the company did away with free blue check marks, and monetised its user verification process, charging people $8 each month for the “blue tick” badges. Mr Musk, however, proceeded to reinstate the blue tick on some celebrity, media and other high profile accounts even as some of the recepients protested receiving free verification. Twitter has also tried several different approaches to boost revenue, including relaxing some of its policies that ban political advertisements and adding a more expensive ad-free subscription option to the platform. The social media company also announced that it was planning to charge companies from $42,000 to as much as $210,000 per month for access to its Application Programming Interface. Twitter has also changed its content policies, announcing it will rely more on artificial intelligence to moderate posts on the platform. The platform is also trying to attract more content creators. On Tuesday, the Tesla chief tweeted to his followers that their “support of content creators” on the platform is “very much appreciated”. “We keep none of the subscription revenue for the first 12 months & only 10 per cent thereafter,” Mr Musk said. Read More New Twitter rules expose election offices to spoof accounts Bluesky: Twitter alternative surges in popularity as celebrities join and people fight over invites AI isn’t falling into the wrong hands – it’s being built by them
2023-05-09 13:22

EU blesses transatlantic data sharing deal
The European Union on Monday gave final approval to an agreement with the US government that restores the ability for thousands of businesses to easily transfer the personal information of European citizens to servers located in the United States, and vice versa, in the face of surveillance concerns by privacy advocates.
2023-07-11 02:26

SAG-AFTRA requests approval to strike against video game companies
SAG-AFTRA's National Board is unanimously seeking permission from union members to strike against a number of video game makers ahead of negotiations resuming later this month.
2023-09-03 05:25

Elon Musk says he has advocated for AI oversight, including in China meetings
WASHINGTON Billionaire Elon Musk said on Wednesday he has advocated for artificial intelligence regulations and oversight, including in
2023-07-13 07:47

How tall is Josh Richards? Influencer once justified Andrew Tate's sexist remarks and hateful speech
Josh Richards is a Canadian influencer and a famous social media personality
2023-08-30 16:49

Twitter debuts a mid-tier data access plan, to almost immediate backlash
Twitter unveiled a new data access tier on Thursday aimed at attracting startups, after its decision to erect a paywall for developers and researchers prompted widespread backlash. But the new tier already has some describing it as "too little, too late."
2023-05-26 22:47
You Might Like...

AI startup SambaNova launches new chip designed for higher quality AI

Google launches AI-powered advertiser features in push for automation

Ex-ByteDance Exec Claims Reporting Illegal Conduct Got Him Fired

Apple Surprises in China, Sets India Record Despite Sales Slump

Amazon has deep bench of defense lawyers to fight US FTC lawsuit

Wells Fargo experiencing issues with banking system

Challenge for World’s Biggest Robot Trains Is Going Electric

South Africa Declares National Disasters After Fall Floods, Storms