
Xtremity Introduces All-New Proprietary Prosthetic Flexible Inner Socket: The XtremityTT™ FLEX
DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 17, 2023--
2023-07-18 00:27

EU loophole lets banks dodge ECB's crypto supervision, needs fixing -Enria
FRANKFURT EU rules to protect the financial system from risks stemming from cryptocurrencies contain a loophole that allows
2023-11-14 22:57

Elon Musk’s X may charge users in these two countries $1 a year to post on platform
Elon Musk’s X is planning to charge users in New Zealand and the Philippines joining via the platform’s web application $1 per year as part of its programme to reduce bot activity. The subscription is part of X’s “Not A Bot” programme, which attempts to “bolster our already significant efforts to reduce spam, manipulation of our platform and bot activity”, the company noted in a help centre post on its website on Tuesday. As part of the pilot programme, new users signing up via the website in the two countries will also be required to verify their account with a phone number, the unsigned post said. It remained unclear why the subscription programme is being rolled out only in these two countries, and exclusively for new users joining via the X website, and not the mobile app. However, Not a Bot’s terms and conditions suggested that people may also subscribe to the programme from X’s iOS and Android apps, while the main help centre post only specified web. X did not immediately respond to The Independent’s request for comment. “As of October 17th, 2023 we’ve started testing “Not A Bot”, a new subscription method for new users in two countries,” the company posted. “This will evaluate a potentially powerful measure to help us combat bots and spammers on X, while balancing platform accessibility with the small fee amount. Within this test, existing users are not affected,” it said. New users from the two countries who opt to subscribe with $1 will for the web version of the platform will be able to post content, like posts, reply, repost and quote other accounts’ posts, as well as bookmark posts, X noted. However, those who opt out of this subscription in the web application “will only be able to take ‘read only’ actions, such as: Read posts, Watch videos, and Follow accounts,” the company stated. “This new programme aims to defend against bots and spammers who attempt to manipulate the platform and disrupt the experience of other X users. We look forward to sharing more about the results soon,” it added. The latest programme is also in addition of X’s premium $8 subscription option. Commenting on a post on X about the new programme, Mr Musk called it “the only way to fight bots without blocking real users.” “Correct, read for free, but $1/year to write. This won’t stop bots completely, but it will be 1000X harder to manipulate the platform,” the multibillionaire said. X’s latest decision is in line with the Tesla titan’s aim to curb bot activity on the platform since before his takeover of then-Twitter in November last year. He has also held from the beginning that charging users would curb bot activity on the social media platform even though it has been found that only a small fraction of users subscribe to its $8 premium service. But the multibillionaire has continued to hold that a subscription fee would make it harder for bots to create accounts since each bot would need a new credit card to register on the platform. “It’s the only way I can think of to combat vast armies of bots,” Mr Musk said last month. “Because a bot costs a fraction of a penny – call it a tenth of a penny – but even if it has to pay a few dollars or something, the effective cost of bots is very high,” he added. Read More EU to investigate X’s handling of disinformation over Hamas attack on Israel EU asks Elon Musk to ‘walk the talk’ on X/Twitter disinformation over Hamas attack How Elon Musk’s Twitter became a haven for fake news and misinformation Viral hate and misinformation amid Israel-Hamas crisis renew fears of real-world violence Instagram Threads adds edit button and voice notes as it attempts to take over from Twitter EU opens investigation into X’s handling of disinformation over Hamas attack on Israel
2023-10-18 13:25

Meta Platforms' ad-free service targeted in EU consumer complaint
By Foo Yun Chee BRUSSELS (Reuters) -Meta Platforms' advertising-free subscription service, a fee-based offering rolled out in Europe this month,
2023-11-30 18:55

Meta's Facebook News Tab Will Disappear in Large Parts of Europe
It seems Meta is turning further and further away from its news ambitions. Between threatening
2023-09-06 01:51

World Bank’s New Chief Says Institution Must Be Bigger, Better
Ajay Banga, the World Bank’s new president, said the lender must become bigger as well as better at
2023-10-11 17:58

bspr Inc. and BHQ Corp. to Release First Smartphone App "Braincure" Beta Version Encompassing BHQ Actions for Brain Health, in the United States in September
TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 28, 2023--
2023-07-28 14:24

Trade in your old tech for 20% off a new Kindle Scribe and a free Amazon gift card
SAVE 20% ON A KINDLE SCRIBE AND GET AN AMAZON GIFT CARD: As of September
2023-09-14 00:23

New chatbot connects abortion-seekers with care options
A chatbot launching Tuesday aims to give users confidential, accurate information when seeking abortion care.
2023-09-12 21:24

Insurers Are Still Backing Oil and Gas Industry Despite Rising Climate Threat
Insurers are continuing to provide cover for increased oil and gas production even as they face large losses
2023-11-09 09:45

Stereophonics’ Kelly Jones on AI: Art should come from people
Stereophonics frontman Kelly Jones has spoken about the growing use of artificial intelligence in music saying that “art should come from people”. The 49-year-old lead singer of the rock band which formed in Wales in 1992 also questioned the move towards multiple songwriters on a release. Jones spoke to Times Radio at Latitude Festival in Henham Park, Suffolk, on Sunday after he played with his new band Far From Saints. The Welsh musician said he had not realised until attending the Ivor Novello Awards that AI technology is being increasingly used to “finish off people’s songwriting”. He also said: “I’m not against forward-thinking technology and how things are progressing, but I think art should come from people, I mean the basics of it anyway. “I think art has always been somebody’s expression, a real person’s expression from a heart, from a head. “If you’re going to start an idea, then a computer finishes it, I mean, it’s OK, but it’s just about algorithms and things like that, it’s not my personal feeling on where it should come from. “I’m not really into 10 songwriters on a song. “It’s like if you’re making painting, you’ve got 10 painters chucking paint on a canvas, I mean, whose f****** painting is it anymore?” Far From Saints have been touring festivals after releasing Let’s Turn This Back Around earlier this year. Jones, who set up his new band with Patty Lynn of The Wind And The Wave, said since the pandemic and the UK’s break from the European Union it has become harder to make money from music. He said: “It’s kind of a nightmare with… Brexit and all that sort of stuff. “So it’s a very different place since Brexit, since Covid, since all of that stuff. “So it’s not easy to make a living of it if you’re a brand new kid coming out onto the street, ‘just let’s get in a van and go make music’ – it’s kind of hard.” There has been a mixed response to the technology in the music business, with country star Dolly Parton voicing concerns about AI while Black Eyed Peas member Will.i.am has taken an optimistic view on new music software. Last month, Parton told a press event: “I think I’ve left a great body of work behind. “I have to decide how much of that high-tech stuff I want to be involved because I don’t want to leave my soul here on this Earth.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live TikTok is now most favourable single source of news in UK teenagers, research shows Talk of AI dangers has ‘run ahead of the technology’, says Nick Clegg Eurostar passengers can avoid UK passport checks by having faces scanned
2023-07-23 20:59

You Can Now Share Links to Your Ridiculous ChatGPT Conversations
Did you get ChatGPT to write a hilarious story? Have you been debating philosophy or
2023-05-31 06:47
You Might Like...

Sens.ai To Unveil Groundbreaking Neurofeedback and Brain-Training Technology at the Health Optimisation Summit

Universal Robots Academy Has Empowered Over 200,000 People to Use Collaborative Robotics

Yes, Your Dog Is Very Much Willing to Eat You If You Die

Scholar dedicated his career to arguing that Jesus was a hallucinogenic mushroom

Hytera Supports ZimParks to Improve Staff Safety and Conserve Wildlife

Google unveils changes before strict EU rules kick in

UK to curb crypto advertising with 'cooling off' periods, risk warnings

UFO expert claims that the south pole is a 'air traffic control' for aliens