Sdorn Provides Timely and Accurate Technology News, Covering APP, AI, IoT, Cybersecurity, Startup and Innovation.
⎯ 《 Sdorn • Com 》
CORRECTING and REPLACING New Indie Game ‘Memory Fragment’ Enters Early Access on Steam
CORRECTING and REPLACING New Indie Game ‘Memory Fragment’ Enters Early Access on Steam
SEOUL, South Korea--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 5, 2023--
2023-09-05 18:48
Crystal Group announces 2023 scholarship recipients
Crystal Group announces 2023 scholarship recipients
HIAWATHA, Iowa--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 7, 2023--
2023-09-08 01:19
What is a Melee Weapon in Fortnite?
What is a Melee Weapon in Fortnite?
Melee weapons in Fortnite are Pickaxes or Lightsabers that players can use to deal damage to enemies during the Ahsoka Tano Quests.
2023-09-29 23:21
Ford Hands Tesla a Big Win in VHS Versus Betamax-Like Battle
Ford Hands Tesla a Big Win in VHS Versus Betamax-Like Battle
Hours before Tesla Inc. and Ford Motor Co. announced their surprise charging partnership, Ford’s chief executive officer offered
2023-05-30 23:50
Bailey Says BOE Will Stick With Climate Plan Despite Critics
Bailey Says BOE Will Stick With Climate Plan Despite Critics
Bank of England Governor Andrew Bailey vowed to press ahead with work to assess climate-related risks to the
2023-05-24 23:56
FIFA 23 EFL TOTS Upgrade SBC: How to Complete
FIFA 23 EFL TOTS Upgrade SBC: How to Complete
FIFA 23 EFL TOTS Upgrade SBC is now live. Here's how to complete the SBC and if it's worth it during Team of the Season.
2023-05-10 01:29
One of Asia's top female entrepreneurs is stepping down at Grab, the ride-hailing company she helped found
One of Asia's top female entrepreneurs is stepping down at Grab, the ride-hailing company she helped found
One of Southeast Asia's most well-known female entrepreneurs is to step down from her operational roles at Grab, the ride-hailing giant she helped found more than a decade ago.
2023-05-25 16:25
This refurbished MacBook Air is on sale for $366
This refurbished MacBook Air is on sale for $366
TL;DR: Need a new laptop, but don't want to pay full price? Snag a refurbished
2023-05-21 17:48
'90 Day Fiance' star Angela Deem brutally trolled over cryptic video, fans say 'nothing like a midlife crisis'
'90 Day Fiance' star Angela Deem brutally trolled over cryptic video, fans say 'nothing like a midlife crisis'
'90 Day Fiancé' star Angela Deem shares a new TikTok video
2023-06-26 11:15
Slack Unveils New Sales-Specific Edition at $60 Per Month
Slack Unveils New Sales-Specific Edition at $60 Per Month
Salesforce Inc. released a new version of Slack specifically designed for salespeople as it works to integrate its
2023-08-02 21:28
BBC reviews Russell Brand’s time at corporation as YouTube demonetises content
BBC reviews Russell Brand’s time at corporation as YouTube demonetises content
The BBC has announced a review into Russell Brand’s time at the corporation amid the rape and sexual assault allegations made against the comedian. The broadcaster also said on Tuesday that it was removing some content featuring the 48-year-old from its iPlayer and Sounds apps which “now falls below public expectations”. An episode of comedy panel show QI and a Joe Wicks podcast, both featuring Brand as a guest, have been removed, the PA news agency understands. YouTube had earlier announced that the Google-owned company has stopped Brand making money on its platform because he was “violating” its “creator responsibility policy”. Brand has strongly denied the allegations, which also include claims of controlling, abusive and predatory behaviour. A spokesperson for podcasting platform Acast confirmed to PA on Tuesday that advertisements were turned off “immediately” for Brand’s Under The Skin podcast following the allegations. In a long-arranged Q and A with BBC staff on Tuesday, the corporation’s director general Tim Davie was quizzed about how it was responding following accusations about Brand’s time on BBC Radio 2 and BBC Radio 6 Music between 2006 and 2008. The Times reported on Monday that a woman claims Brand used the BBC’s car service to pick her up from school when she was 16 so she could visit his home. Mr Davie said he hopes a review, led by BBC’s director of editorial complaints Peter Johnston, will give an “initial report in weeks, not months” and added that “the objective is to be totally transparent”. He also said: “The review will also look at the position regarding any cars used by the BBC at that time – because that was obviously something that, again, in a powerful testimony, was mentioned.” The news comes after the remaining shows of Brand’s Bipolarisation tour were postponed and the Metropolitan Police said it had received a report of an alleged sexual assault in the wake of media allegations. According to Companies House, Brand on Tuesday resigned as a director of both performing arts business One Arm Bandit and filming company Mayfair Film Partnership. Mr Davie has said the broadcasting industry needs to be “very vigilant” following questions being raised about the wider TV industry – which he also said had “faced significant” power imbalance issues in the past. It comes as the Commons Culture, Media and Sport Committee chairwoman Dame Caroline Dinenage has written to the BBC, Channel 4 and TikTok to request further details on what actions they are taking in response to the allegations – and to GB News in relation to their coverage of the claims. The letters also requested updates on the investigation being conducted by Banijay UK, which bought Endemol, the company commissioned by Channel 4 to produce the Big Brother spin-off shows Brand hosted, into his behaviour while he was working on its programmes. Mr Davie also said: “I do think we’re in a different place, over 15 years. When I listened back, frankly, to some of those broadcasts I think, that is just completely unacceptable. What led to that being on air? “I just look at that stuff and I say there is no way I will listen to that, there’s no way I accept it. We have to be clear about that together, that we will not accept that.” Brand has been accused of rape, assault and emotional abuse between 2006 and 2013, when he was at the height of his fame and working for the BBC, Channel 4 and starring in Hollywood films, following a joint investigation by The Times, Sunday Times and Channel 4’s Dispatches. In the documentary, footage was shown of the actor making comments about female BBC staff on his radio show. Brand’s YouTube account, which has 6.6 million subscribers, has been suspended from YouTube’s Partner account “following serious allegations against the creator”, meaning the channel is no longer able to make money from advertising on the platform. In a statement, YouTube said the decision applied to all channels that may be “owned or operated” by Brand, adding: “If a creator’s off-platform behaviour harms our users, employees or ecosystem, we take action to protect the community.” Brand still has a presence on video platform Rumble, where his channel has 1.4 million followers and he hosts a weekly live show at 5pm BST, but there was no new episode on Monday. His most recent video on Rumble is the short clip from Friday denying the allegations and saying he has been “promiscuous” but that all of his relationships have been “consensual”. Dame Caroline has asked TikTok’s director of government relations, Theo Bertram, whether Brand could monetise his posts on the video sharing platform, where he has 2.3 million followers. The committee chairwoman also asked “what the platform is doing to ensure that creators are not able to use the platform to undermine the welfare of victims of inappropriate and potentially illegal behaviour”. Dame Caroline also wrote to GB News chief executive Angelos Frangopoulos over presenter Beverley Turner supporting Brand in a tweet over the weekend and defending him on her show on Monday morning. She acknowledged Turner was challenged on the programme but remained “concerned that having a presenter so clearly supporting an individual who is the subject of intense media coverage, including seeking their appearance on the show, undermines any perception of due impartiality in the broadcasting”. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live BBC removes some Russell Brand content as monetisation suspended on YouTube Google Bard can now link to Gmail and other apps to help with responses How does Russell Brand make money online?
2023-09-20 00:49
Meta plans to develop chatbot with ‘sassy robot’ persona for young users, report says
Meta plans to develop chatbot with ‘sassy robot’ persona for young users, report says
Facebook parent company Meta is reportedly planning to internally release an artificial intelligence chatbot called “Gen AI Personas” aimed at younger users. The chatbot, similar to OpenAI’s ChatGPT, is set to be launched during Meta’s Connect Event on Wednesday. The tech giant is testing the chatbot, which comes in multiple “personas” aimed to engage young users, including a “sassy robot” persona inspired by Bender from Futurama,according to The Wall Street Journal. Meta is reportedly developing “dozens” of these chatbots, including some to help with “coding and other tasks” and improve productivity as well as a tool to help celebrities make their own chatbots for their fans. The development of some of these chatbots – including one with the personality of former US president Abraham Lincoln – are part of Meta’s attempts to boost engagement on its social media platforms, reports previously suggested. The development of these new chatbots are signs of Meta’s growing interest in the market for large language models (LLM) similar to ChatGPT. It launched a new version of its open-source model in July called Llama 2 for commercial use, becoming the first major tech firm to release its AI chatbot. Meta chief Mark Zuckerberg said at the time of Llama 2’s release that it would “drive progress across the industry” while the firm’s chief AI scientist Yann LeCun said it will “change the landscape of the LLM market”. The tech firm’s development of “personas” also comes as tech industry leaders called for a balanced approach towards regulating AI at a historic gathering convened by US senate majority leader Chuck Schumer. At the meeting held earlier this month, Mr Zuckerberg said the two defining issues for AI are “safety and access.” He urged the US Congress should “engage with AI to support innovation and safeguards”. “New technology often brings new challenges, and it’s on companies to make sure we build and deploy products responsibly,” the Meta chief said. “This is an emerging technology, there are important equities to balance here, and the government is ultimately responsible for that,” he added. Read More Meta’s new end-to-end encryption ‘means thousands of criminals could go undetected’ Elon Musk warns of ‘civilisational risk’ posed by AI at historic gathering of tech giant chiefs WhatsApp update brings ‘channels’, allowing people to follow updates from celebrities and companies Facebook changes logo to ‘make F stand apart’ – but can you tell the difference? Elon Musk warns of ‘civilisational risk’ posed by AI at historic gathering Nasa just delivered a piece of a distant asteroid to Earth
2023-09-25 16:52