
As Elizabeth Holmes heads to prison for fraud, questions remain about her motives
As Elizabeth Holmes prepares to report to prison next week, the criminal case that laid bare the blood-testing scam at the heart of her Theranos startup is entering its final phase
2023-05-27 13:25

OpenAI launches a free ChatGPT app for iOS
OpenAI is making it even easier for many to access ChatGPT.
2023-05-19 04:58

Starship rocket launch window revealed by FAA
Regulators have revealed when they expect to approve a launch license to SpaceX for the next major flight test of its Starship rocket. The head of the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) commercial space division said a mishap investigation from the last test in April had been concluded and a license would likely be granted “somewhere in mid to late October”, assuming SpaceX make the necessary changes. Starship is the biggest rocket ever built, measuring 394 feet (120 metres) and capable of producing 5,000 metric tons of thrust, however it is yet to make it to orbit. An attempt on 20 April, 2023, saw it blow up just over three minutes into a 90 minute flight. The debris that came down in the Gulf of Mexico, as well as from the destroyed launchpad in Texas, became the subject of an FAA investigation. The federal agency said SpaceX would need to take 63 corrective actions before another launch license is approved. Kevin Coleman, the FAA’s associate administrator for commercial space transportation, told SpaceNews this week that 27 of the 63 corrective actions are related to public safety. “So one thing that we’ll need to see before the next operation is evidence that shows that the company has closed out the corrective actions that are specifically tied to public safety,” he said. “We’re on a pretty good schedule. It probably set us somewhere in mid to late October for conclusion of the safety review.” A separate environmental review from the US Fish and Wildlife Service is also required in order to comply with the Endangered Species Act, though Mr Coleman said he hoped it would be wrapped up by the time the safety review is complete. Earlier this month, SpaceX boss Elon Musk said Starship is “ready to launch” after it was pictured on the launchpad of the firm’s Starbase facility in Boca Chica, Texas. The tech billionaire plans to build hundreds of the rockets in order to establish a permanent human colony on Mars before 2050. SpaceX has already secured a multi-billion dollar contract with Nasa to develop the craft for use in the US space agency’s Artemis programme, which aims to return humans to the surface of the Moon this decade. Read More ‘It’s becoming like an airport’: How SpaceX normalised rocket launches Elon Musk makes prediction for imminent Starship launch SpaceX launch of Starship rocket on hold amid ‘mishap investigation’ India’s solar mission completes key manoeuvre, slingshots towards Sun
2023-09-21 00:46

Some iPhone 14 Users Are Complaining About Their Battery Life
Some iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro owners are reporting issues with their batteries. According
2023-08-13 15:29

Post Malone has his own Apex Legends event taking place next month
Gaming nerd Post Malone has teamed up with 'Apex Legends' on a two-week event.
2023-10-17 20:24

Transcend named as a Major Player in the IDC MarketScape Data Privacy Compliance Software 2023 Assessment
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 6, 2023--
2023-09-07 00:55

Amphenol Honors Mouser Electronics with Fourth High Service Digital Performance Award
MANSFIELD, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun 12, 2023--
2023-06-12 21:23

Closing Coal Plants Proves a Hard Sell for Big Global Banks
A midsized, 11-year-old coal power station in West Java is an unlikely bellwether for global climate finance. Cirebon-1
2023-08-15 08:50

EU Climate Chief Timmermans Resigns in Bid to Be Dutch Prime Minister
European Union climate chief Frans Timmermans will step aside from his role as he leads the Dutch left
2023-08-23 00:50

Fund Manager Ninety One Signals It Won’t Approve Sasol Climate Report
Ninety One Ltd., one of the biggest fund managers in South Africa, is planning to vote against Sasol
2023-11-16 18:51

Georgia police investigating online threats to jurors after pro-Trump doxxing campaign
Police in Georgia are investigating online threats to members of a grand jury that voted to indict Donald Trump and 18 of the former president’s allies accused of conspiring to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election in a sprawling criminal case. The Fulton County Sheriff’s Office is “aware that personal information from members of the jury” has been shared across social media platforms, the agency announced on 17 August, less than three days after a sweeping charging document was unsealed. As required under state law, the names of the jurors are listed in the 98-page indictment. The sheriff’s office is working with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies to “track down” the origins of the threats in the county and in other jurisdictions, according to the statement. The former president’s supporters have published the jurors’ names, social media profiles, addresses and phone numbers as part of an apparent harassment campaign following right-wing outrage over a sweeping criminal indictment, the fullest accounting yet of an alleged effort among Mr Trump and his allies to coerce officials into a fraudulent scheme to subvert the votes of millions of Americans. Far-right message boards and platforms dominated by pro-Trump users such as Gab and Truth Social have been flooded with comments and posts surrounding the case and the jurors, with pledges to “doxx” or publish a person’s personal information online with the intent to harass them. Accounts on fringe far-right message boards such as 4chan and The Donald have threatened to follow jurors home and “photograph their faces,” labelled their names a “hit list,” posted images of jurors’ alleged profiles on Facebook and LinkedIn, tried to determine their political affiliations and religious and ethnic backgrounds, and promoted violence against them. The Independent’s review of posts across Truth Social, where users vie for the audience of the former president himself, shows users rushing to Mr Trump’s defence while trying to identify and smear members of the jury who indicted him. Users on the far-right, pro-Trump message board The Donald, frequently a hotbed for violent rhetoric targeting political opponents, have promoted the killing of jurors and suggested igniting civil war. This is a developing story Read More Trump insists Democrats are angry at his indictment too as Georgia jail booking nears – live updates Will the Georgia gang of 18 turn on Trump? Trumpworld hanging by a thread as co-accused pressured to flip on ex-president Who is Fani Willis, the Georgia prosecutor who could take down Trump
2023-08-18 06:22

Musk says he's not stepping down as Tesla CEO, tells shareholders the company will advertise
Elon Musk has dismissed speculation that he might step down as Tesla's CEO
2023-05-17 07:16
You Might Like...

Elon Musk just revealed that Twitter is losing money fast thanks to advertising drop

xQc slams Ice Spice’s ‘Deli’ music video over ‘weird display of sexuality,’ fans side with Kick streamer, say he's 'not wrong'

Diablo 4 PS5 Server Status: How to Check

China’s GAC Unveils World’s First Ammonia Car Engine

'That's Scottie's whole face': Larsa Pippen calls daughter Sophia her twin, fans say she's like her dad

New discovery on Venus points towards signs of life

Idris Elba says actors taking on video games is 'sign of the times'

Cathie Wood Seeks Tech Gains in Meta, TSMC After Dumping Nvidia