
Google to alert people when they appear in search results – and make it easier to remove personal information
Google will now alert people when their personal information appears online – and make it easier to get it removed. The new tools are aimed at giving people more control over the information and images of them that appear online, the company said. New rules on personal explicit images mean that users will be able to request that explicit images of themselves are taken down from search results. That extends to situations where someone has willingly uploaded explicit content themselves and then later wants it to be removed from search results. The same policy applies to personal information generally. That too will not only appear in Google’s tools but will also be easier to have removed. Google has long had policies that are intended to help people have non-consensual explicit imagery removed from search results. But the changes mean that people can have that content removed even when it was uploaded consensually at the time. In its update, Google stressed that it was only able to remove content from Google search, and that doing so would not affect its availability on other websites or search engines. But removing any unwanted images from search results should make them much more difficult to find. The new features are part of an expansion of Google’s “Results about you” tool, which it first made available last year. When it was launched, it was intended to make it easier for people to request the removal of search results that contain personal information, such as phone numbers or home addresses. Now it has been improved so that it is proactive in finding search results that include that information. Users will be able to access the dashboard and see any web results that include that contact information. Users will then be able to access an improved form to ask to have those taken down. The dashboard is available only in the US and in English for now. Google said it was “working to bring it to new languages and locations soon”. Read More Google Assistant will be ‘supercharged’ with AI like ChatGPT and Bard Google warns Gmail users they could be about to lose their account Apple gives update on its plans for AI – and says it is coming to every product
2023-08-05 01:57

Hurricane Idalia Is Gets Stronger as It Bears Down on Florida
Hurricane Idalia is building strength in the Gulf of Mexico as it heads toward landfall Wednesday on Florida’s
2023-08-30 06:27

Lenovo Memorial Day Sale: Save Up to 75% on ThinkPad, Legion Laptops
Lenovo’s Memorial Day sale is live now. Save up to 75% with doorbuster deals, including
2023-05-27 06:54

Spectro Cloud Announces Qualcomm Ventures Investment to Accelerate Edge and AI Innovation at Scale
SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 14, 2023--
2023-09-14 19:23

Worldly Appoints Supply Chain and Risk Leaders Scott Stephenson and Colin Browne as New Board Members
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug 24, 2023--
2023-08-24 17:26

Keemstar disagrees with Andrew Tate's 'emergency meeting' ranking among 5 most viewed streams on Internet: 'Not true'
Keemstar is a popular YouTuber who disagreed with his tweet regarding the viewership details on Andrew Tate's first livestream on Rumble
2023-06-16 15:27

Wesleyan Joins Small Group of Elite Colleges Banning Legacy Admissions
Wesleyan University is joining a select group of colleges that is ending preferences in admissions that favor children
2023-07-19 23:28

Mark Zuckerberg Went Beast Mode in His First Jiu-Jitsu Match
Video of Mark Zuckerberg's first jiu-jitsu fight.
2023-05-09 03:27

Mega-cap firm valuations fall amid rising rates, tech earnings concerns
Most global mega-cap stocks continued their slide in October, hit by the rise in U.S. interest rates and
2023-11-01 17:50

Vicarius Introduces vuln_GPT: The World’s First LLM Model to Find and Fix Software Vulnerabilities
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug 9, 2023--
2023-08-09 20:26

Apple investigated in France over product obsolescence
PARIS The Paris prosecutor has opened a judicial inquiry into planned obsolescence of Apple products, a spokesperson for
2023-05-16 00:16

Artificial intelligence warning over human extinction labelled ‘publicity stunt’
The probability of a “Terminator scenario” caused by artificial intelligence is “close to zero”, a University of Oxford professor has said. Sandra Wachter, professor of technology and regulation, called a letter released by the San Francisco-based Centre for AI Safety – which warned that the technology could wipe out humanity – a “publicity stunt”. The letter, which warns that the risks should be treated with the same urgency as pandemics or nuclear war, was signed by dozens of experts including artificial intelligence (AI) pioneers. Prime Minister Rishi Sunak retweeted the Centre for AI Safety’s statement on Wednesday, saying the Government is “looking very carefully” at it. Professor Wachter said the risk raised in letter is “science fiction fantasy” and she compared it to the film The Terminator. She added: “There are risks, there are serious risks, but it’s not the risks that are getting all of the attention at the moment. “What we see with this new open letter is a science fiction fantasy that distracts from the issue right here right now. The issues around bias, discrimination and the environmental impact. “The whole discourse is being put on something that may or may not happen in a couple of hundred years. You can’t do something meaningful about it as it’s so far in the future. “But bias and discrimination I can measure, I can measure the environmental impact. It takes 360 gallons of water daily to cool a middle-sized data centre, that’s the price that we have to pay. “It’s a publicity stunt. It will attract funding. It's a publicity stunt. It will attract funding. Professor Sandra Wachter “Let’s focus on people’s jobs being replaced. These things are being completely sidelined by the Terminator scenario. “What we know about technology now, the probability [of human extinction due to AI] is close to zero. People should worry about other things.” AI apps have gone viral online, with users posting fake images of celebrities and politicians, and students using ChatGPT and other “language learning models” to generate university-grade essays. But AI can also perform life-saving tasks, such as algorithms analysing medical images like X-rays, scans and ultrasounds, helping doctors to identify and diagnose diseases such as cancer and heart conditions more accurately and quickly. The statement was organised by the Centre for AI Safety, a non-profit which aims “to reduce societal-scale risks from AI”. It says: “Mitigating the risk of extinction from AI should be a global priority alongside other societal-scale risks such as pandemics and nuclear war.” Senior bosses at companies such as Google DeepMind and Anthropic signed the letter along with a pioneer of AI, Geoffrey Hinton, who resigned from his job at Google earlier this month, saying that in the wrong hands, AI could be used to to harm people and spell the end of humanity. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live ‘I feel lost’ – AI pioneer speaks out as experts warn it could wipe out humanity Cabinet approves Irish involvement in cyber-threat network Trust and ethics considerations ‘have come too late’ on AI technology
2023-06-01 01:29
You Might Like...

Elon Musk claims he is driving to Zuckerberg’s home so ‘fight’ breaks outs

EU's Breton urges Big Tech to use new online content rules to restore trust

The Electric Revolution Is Coming for Your Lawn Mower

Rivian to benefit next year as EV battery material prices ease, says CFO

The Best Phones for Kids in 2023

HasanAbi takes dig at xQc and Amouranth for changing attitude over Kick deals, fans call it 'insanely uneven argument'

Record-Breaking Weather in 2023 Shows Impact of Climate Change

Ports in Europe Lure Investors Into Clean Energy Gateway Plan